Bring superior quality and many wireless capabilities to your home office with the PIXMA MX722. This printer has built-in WiFi®1for printing and scanning virtually anywhere in your home. It also includes AirPrint2, which lets you wirelessly print from your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch devices. Cloud3printing capabilities, an integrated 35-sheet Duplex Auto Document Feeder and Dual Function Panel are just some of the features that can allow you to multi-task easily. The MX722 also has a new high-capacity 250-sheet plain paper cassette so you can focus on your work and not running out of paper! This can bring office efficiency to all-new levels and help reduce costs at the same time. Superior 9600 x 2400 maximum colour dpi4and 5 individual ink tanks means incredible business document printing and efficiency with the option of a high yield pigment black ink tank to print more documents without changing the pigment black ink as often.
The MX722 also allows you to turn your office into a photo lab. Print professional looking, borderless5photos up to 8.5" x 11" in size. With My Image Garden6software make organizing and printing your photos fun and easy with great facial recognition, Fun Filters, Calendar Organization, Automatic Layout Suggestions, and more.
The MX722 delivers outstanding business imaging quality and versatile solutions that will assist in bringing your home business to the next level.
Speed & Quality
Extraordinary Resolution: 9600 x 2400 maximum colour dpi4produces incredible quality and detail in both your business documents and photos.
High Performance Individual Ink System:This 5-colour ink system consists of a pigment-based black ink, and four dye-based inks for business-quality text, colourful presentations and documents, as well as beautiful photos. Only replace the colour ink tank that runs out.
Beautiful, Borderless Photos Fast:Print a borderless, 4" x 6" photo in approximately 21 seconds.5
ChromaLife100+:This system combines enhanced FINE print head technology with select genuine Canon photo papers and inks for beautiful borderless photos that will last up to 300 years when stored in an archival-quality photo album.
Ease of Use
My Image Garden:My Image Garden software makes organizing and printing your photos fun and easy with great facial recognition, Fun Filters, Calendar Organization, Automatic Layout Suggestions, and so much more!
Dual Function Panel:This streamlined control panel provides useful function buttons that transform into a keypad in fax mode for easier operation.
Fully-Integrated, 35-sheet Duplex Auto Document Feeder:Easily copy, scan, and fax multiple documents without having to load them one page at a time. Enjoy full integration so the printer can better fit in tight workspace areas as well as automatic two-sided copying and scanning.
Built-In Auto Duplex Printing:Automatically print on both sides of the page without the hassle of turning it over manually. This can reduce your paper consumption and cost by up to 50%.
Full HD Movie Print:Full HD Movie Print software turns your favorite HD movie clips captured with compatible Canon EOS Digital SLR, PowerShot cameras or VIXIA camcorders into beautiful prints.8
2.5" LCD:Easily view, select and edit your images for simple computer-free printing. No downloading needed, just choose your picture and print!
Auto Scan Mode:With one press of the Scan button your original is automatically recognized and saved in the correct format.9
Auto Document Fix:This built-in software automatically analyzes and corrects both text and image documents so text will remain clear and easy to read with pronounced edges, and pictures will keep their true colour with highlights, shadows, and dots being smoothed out.
Quick Start: After pressing the power button you can begin inputting commands in mere seconds so full operation is possible in a much shorter time.
Auto Photo Fix II:This built-in technology automatically categorizes your images into one of five types - Portrait, Scenery, Night Scenery, Snapshot with Scenery, and Snapshot with Night Scenery - then applies optimal image and multi-zone exposure correction. So, unexposed areas of the photo will be optimized, area by area and faces that are backlit and under-exposed will automatically be brightened with correct colour cast to help ensure more accurate skin tones for gorgeous images.
Advanced Media Handling:Allows you to load plain and photo paper at the same time so you are always ready to print.
Evernote:Quickly and easily scan your documents and papers from your printer or scanner. Evernote will make your documents searchable, so you can always find what you need at anytime, on any device.
Built-In Wireless:Print and scan wirelessly1from any Wi-Fi® enabled computer around the house.
AirPrint:Wirelessly print photos, emails, web pages, documents and more from compatible iPad, iPhone or iPod touch devices to a compatible Canon PIXMA Wireless All-In-One. There's no software to download, no drivers to install, and no cables to connect. Just see it, tap it, and print it!2
Google Cloud Print:Allows users to print from Gmail™ and Google Docs™ on a mobile device, and from Google Chrome™ browser for Mac®, Windows®, Linux®, and Chrome™ devices. With Google Cloud Print, you can print from wherever you are, from applications you use every day. You can even share your home and work printers with anyone you choose.3
PIXMA Cloud Link:Download and print office templates like stationary, check lists, calendars, memos, envelopes and more right to your PIXMA, without a computer. Also print photos from the online photo album sections of Canon image Gateway and Google Picasa.10
Built-in Ethernet:This wired LAN interface lets you connect to a home or office network, with connected computers able to share printer functions and display the printer's status at any moment.
Super G3 Fax:The high speed business fax11standard for color and PC facsimiles on plain paper meets the home office workhorse with 100 coded speed dials and up to 250 incoming pages.12
Mobile Device Printing:The free EasyPhoto-Print app lets you wirelessly print and scan jpg and pdf files from compatible iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and Android devices.13
USB 2.0 Hi-Speed:Plug the cable into your PC for a super-fast connection for your data transfers.
Main Unit Spec
Print Speed (up to)
4" x 6" Borderless Photo: Approx. 21 seconds14
Print Speed (Approx)
Black: ESAT: 15.0 ipm15
Colour: ESAT: 10.0 ipm15
Number of Nozzles
Picoliter Size (colour)
1,2 and 5
Print Resolution (Up to)
Colour:Up to 9600 x 2400 dpi4
Black:Up to 600 x 600 dpi4
PGI-255 PGBK XXL XXL Pigment Black
PGI-250 PGBK XL XL Pigment Black
CLI-251 C XL XL Cyan
CLI-251 M XL XL Magenta
CLI-251 Y XL XL Yellow
CLI-251 BK XL XL Black
PGI-250 PGBK Pigment Black
CLI-251 C Cyan
CLI-251 M Magenta
CLI-251 Y Yellow
CLI-251 BK Black
4" x 6", 5" x 7", 8" x 10", Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 Envelopes
Automatic Sheet Feeder
ADF: 35 Sheets 10 Sheets Photo Paper 5" x 7"
Plain:Plain Paper, High Resolution Paper;
Super High Gloss:Photo Paper Pro Platinum;
Glossy:Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy;
Semi-Gloss:Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss;
Matte:Matte Photo Paper;
Envelope:U.S. #10 Envelope
AirPrint2, Auto Duplex Print, Auto Sheet Feeder, Borderless Printing5, Dual Function Panel, Document Printing, Full HD Movie Print8, Google Cloud Print3, Photo Printing, Template Print, Evernote
Output Tray Capacity
Lower Cassette: 250 Sheets Plain Paper Upper Cassette: 20 Sheets Photo Paper 4" x 6"
Matte Photo Paper (For Automatic Print Head Alignment)
Setup Ink Tanks
Telephone Line Cable
1. Wireless printing requires a working Ethernet network with wireless 802.11b/g or n capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
2. Printer firmware update may be necessary for AirPrint function. Certain exceptions may apply. A PC running Windows XP or later or A Mac running OS 10.4.11 or later and USB cable required to perform firmware update. AirPrint functionality requires an iPad, iPhone 3GS or later, or iPod touch 3rd generation or later device running iOS 4.2 or later, and an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the same network as your iOS device. A printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, AirPort Base Station, or Time Capsule is not supported
3. Requires an Internet connection. Google Cloud Print Function available April, 2012 or later. Printer firmware update may be necessary for Google Cloud Print function. Certain exceptions may apply. A PC running Windows XP or later or A Mac running OS 10.4.11 or later and USB cable required to perform firmware update.
4. Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Colour ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/9600 inch at minimum.
5. Envelopes and High Resolution Paper are NOT supported for borderless printing.
6. To install using Windows® OS, .NET Framework 4 is required. Compatible still image formats are PDF (created using Canon PDF Creator only), JPEG (Exif), TIFF, and PNG. Compatible video formats are MOV (from select Canon digital cameras only) and MP4 (from select Canon digital camcorders only).
7. Based on accelerated testing by Canon in dark storage under controlled temperature, humidity and gas conditions, simulating storage in an album with plastic sleeves. Canon cannot guarantee the longevity of prints; results may vary depending on printed image, drying time, display/storage conditions, and environmental factors. .
8. "Full HD Movie Print" is available from "MOV" movie files created by Canon digital cameras. From PC, or Mac with Intel® processor. Requires Canon ZoomBrowser EX 6.5 or later, or Canon ImageBrowser 6.5 or later.
9. For network users, Auto Scan Mode is available only when scanning at a computer using MP Navigator EX software and selecting the 1-click feature then "Save to PC".
10. Requires an Internet connection.
11. The Public Switched Telephone Network currently supports fax modem speeds of 28.8 Kbps or lower, depending on telephone line conditions. Sending and receiving fax machines need to conform to ITU-T v.34 guidelines.
12. Page count is based on ITU-T No.1 chart or Canon FAX Standard Chart No.1.
13. Requires Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for iPhone app, available for free on the App Store, Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for Android app available for free on Google Play, or Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for Windows RT available for free in the Windows Store. Compatible with iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S, 5, iPad, iPad mini, iPod touch, Android devices running Android OS 1.6 or later, and Windows RT devices.
14. Photo print speeds are based on the standard mode driver setting using photo test pattern(s) and select Canon Photo Paper. Print speed is measured as soon as first page begins to feed into printer and will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used and page coverage.
15. "ISO/IEC 24734, 24735 define the default print and copy speed measurement methods. Print speeds are the averages of ESAT in Office Category Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24734, excluding time to print the first set. Copy speed is the average of FCOT, ISO/IEC 24735 Annex D. ADF copy speed is the average of ESAT in General Performance Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24735, excluding time to copy the first set.
16. Optical resolution is a measure of maximum hardware sampling resolution, based on ISO 14473 standard.
17. Black & white document fax transmission speed is based on default setting using ITU-T No.1 chart. Colour document fax transmission speed is based on default setting using Canon Colour Fax Test Sheet. Actual transmission speed vary depending on document complexity, fax setting at receiving end, and line conditions etc.
18. Requires mobile phone (or other device) equipped with Bluetooth v2.0 technology and optional Canon Bluetooth Unit BU-30. Bluetooth operation depends on the device and software version used. Operating distance is approx. 10 meters but may vary due to obstacles, radio signals, locations where radio interference occurs, magnetic fields from microwave ovens, device sensitivity and/or antenna performance.
19. System requirements vary by application.
20. Warranty programs are subject to certain conditions and restrictions..
Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Actual prices are determined by individual dealers and may vary.