The PIXMA MG5420 Wireless1 Inkjet Photo All-In-One. Like all PIXMA printers, the MG5420 produces amazing detail in both business documents and photographs with 9600 x 2400 maximum colour dpi2 and a 5-Colour Ink System. And replacing those inks is quick and easy with the Snap Edge feature. With its Dual Colour Gamut Processing Technology, the remarkable MG5420 faithfully reproduces the colours of your original documents. And thanks to Apple AirPrint3, Google Cloud Print4 and PIXMA Cloud Link5, the MG5420 lets you print wirelessly from your compatible smartphone or tablet. You can also view beautiful, easy-to-view scans by advanced image analysis and area-by-area data correction, automatically. Plus, you can print and scan JPEG and PDF files wirelessly from compatible iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Windows RT and Android devices without a computer, thanks to the free EPP app.6
Have all new sorts of fun with your images by adding new effects like Fish Eye, Miniature, Toy Camera, Soft Focus, and Blur Background before you print. What’s more, its advanced paper handling gives you several printing options: Print on CDs and DVDs, as well as load plain and photo paper at the same time, so you are always ready to print. Plus, its built-in Auto Duplex Printing helps you to be eco-conscious by automatically printing on both sides of the paper.
Speed & Quality
Ease of Use
Speed & Quality
Superior Resolution: 9600 x 2400 maximum colour dpi2 firing with 1pl produces incredible quality and detail in both your borderless photos, crafts, business documents and web pages.
High Performance, Five Individual Ink Tank System: This 5-colour ink system (Dye CMYBk & Pigment Bk) is great for professional-looking black & white and colour photos. A pigment-based black ink produces exceptionally crisp text. Plus, only replace the colour ink tank that runs out.
Print Beautiful, Borderless Photos, Fast: Print a borderless, 4" x 6" photo in approximately 20 seconds.7
Print Documents and Web Pages, Fast: Print documents and web pages with fast speeds of 12.5 images per minute (ipm) for black and 9.3 images per minute (ipm) for colour.8
ChromaLife100+: This system combines enhanced FINE print head technology with select genuine Canon inks and select genuine Canon photo papers for beautiful borderless photos that will last up to 300 years when stored in an archival-quality photo album.9
Ease of Use
My Image Garden: My Image Garden software makes organizing and printing your photos fun and easy with great facial recognition, Fun Filters, Calendar Organization, Automatic Layout Suggestions and so much more!
Full HD Movie Print: Full HD Movie Print software turns HD movie clips captured with your compatible Canon EOS Digital SLR or PowerShot cameras into beautiful photo prints.10
Fun Filter Effects: Have all sorts of fun with your images by adding new effects such as: Fish Eye, Miniature, Toy Camera, Soft Focus,and Blur Background before you print. Built-in CD/DVD Printing: Conveniently print labels onto your printable CD, DVD or Blu-ray Discs.
Scroll Wheel: Quickly access and select the various features available for faster operation.
3.0" LCD: Easily view, select, and edit your images for simple computer-free printing. No downloading or computer needed, just pick your picture and print!
Built-In Auto Duplex Printing: Automatically print on both sides of the page without the hassle of turning it over manually. This saves you time, helps the environment and can cut your paper usage by up to 50%.
Easy-WebPrint EX: Print what you want off the web, easily. Easy-WebPrint EX allows you to create your own layout, take different sections of different websites and put them all on one page. Move, resize and trim your clips, insert notes and edit text, make it a portrait or landscape, print up to 3 columns on a page and even save the layout as a PDF file.11
Auto Photo Fix II: This built-in technology automatically categorizes your images into one of five types - Portrait, Scenery, Night Scenery, Snapshot with Scenery, and Snapshot with Night Scenery - then applies optimal image and multi-zone exposure correction. So, unexposed areas of the photo will be optimized, area by area and faces that are backlit and under-exposed will automatically be brightened with correct colour cast to help ensure more accurate skin tones for gorgeous images.
Auto Document Fix: Auto Document Fix delivers beautiful, easy-to-view scans by advanced image analysis and area-by-area data correction, automatically. So, your document text can be darkened with pronounced edges for clear, sharp text that's easy to read, and pictures will maintain colour tone and contrast.
Auto Scan Mode: Automatically recognizes the type of original being scanned, then scans and saves with the suitable settings.12
Quick Start: After pressing the power button you can begin inputting commands in mere seconds. So, full operation is possible in a much shorter time.
2-Way Paper Feeding: For added versatility, load plain paper in the front cassette and photo paper in the rear tray to print photos or documents whenever you need.
Beautiful & Borderless: Print photo lab quality from 4" x 6" up to 8.5" x 11."7
Built-In Wireless: Print and scan wirelessly from any Wi-Fi® enabled computer around the house.1
AirPrint: Take advantage of Wi-Fi connectivity and print what you see on your compatible iPad, iPhone or iPod touch to a compatible Canon PIXMA Wireless All-in-One. Print photos, emails, web pages and other documents directly to these devices whether you're in another room or in a different section of the house. No need to install drivers, saving you time and creating a seamless user experience.3
PIXMA Cloud Link: Conveniently print pictures from online photo albums CANON iMAGE GATEWAY and Picasa as well as templates including seasonal stationary and calendars from wherever you are to wherever a compatible Canon PIXMA Wireless All-in-One is, without a computer.5
Mobile Device Printing: Take full advantage of Canon's Wi-Fi® connectivity to unlock, print and share your stored images right on the spot. Print your photos wirelessly from compatible iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and Android devices.6
PictBridge (Wireless LAN): Don't feel like using a computer? No problem. A PictBridge connection allows you to print photos directly from your compatible digital camera and camera phone.
Hi-Speed USB:Plug the cable into your PC for a super-fast connection for your data transfers.
Colour: Up to 9600 x 2400 dpi
Black: Up to 600 x 600 dpi
4" x 6", 5" x 7", 8" x 10," Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 Envelopes
Plain: Plain Paper, Canon High Resolution Paper; Super High Gloss: Photo Paper Pro Platinum; Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy; Semi-Gloss: Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss, Photo Paper Pro Luster; Matte: Matte Photo Paper; Envelope: U.S.# 10 Envelope CD/DVD: Printable CD/DVD/Blu-ray Disc
AirPrint3, Auto Duplex Print, Auto Photo Fix II, Borderless Printing7, Calendar Print, CD/DVD Printing, Disc Label Print, Document Printing, Full HD Movie Print10, Fun Filter Effects, Google Cloud Print4, My Image Garden, Mobile Device Printing6, Photo Direct Printing (Memory Card), Photo Printing, PIXMA Cloud Link5, Red-Eye Correction, Template Print, Trimming Print, Quiet Mode, Web Template Print, Wireless Printing1
Output Tray Capacity
Lower Cassette: 125 Sheets Plain Paper Upper Cassette: 20 Sheets Photo Paper (4" x 6")
Matte Photo Paper (For Automatic Print Head Alignment)
5 Ink Tanks
1. Wireless printing requires a working Ethernet network with wireless 802.11b/g or n capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
2. Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Colour ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/9600 inch at minimum.
3. Printer firmware update may be necessary for AirPrint function. Certain exceptions may apply. A PC running Windows XP or later or a Mac running OS 10.5.8 or later and USB cable required to perform firmware update. AirPrint functionality requires an iPad, iPhone 3GS or later, or iPod touch 3rd generation or later device running iOS 4.2 or later, and an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the same network as your iOS device. A printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, AirPort Base station, or Time Capsule is not supported.
4. Requires an Internet connection and Google account. Printer firmware update may be necessary for Google Cloud Print function. Subject to Google Terms of Service. Certain exceptions may apply. A PC running Windows XP or later or A Mac running OS X v10.5.8 or later and USB cable required to perform firmware update.
5. Requires an Internet connection.
6. Requires Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for iPhone app, available for free on the App Store, Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for Android app available for free on Google Play, or Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for Windows RT available for free in the Windows Store. Compatible with iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S, 5, iPad, iPad mini, iPod touch, Android devices running Android OS 1.6 or later, and Windows RT devices.
7. Envelopes and High Resolution Paper are NOT supported for borderless printing.
8. ISO/IEC 24734, 24735 define the default print and copy speed measurement methods. Print speeds are the averages of ESAT in Office Category Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24734, excluding time to print the first set.
9. Based on accelerated testing by Canon in dark storage under controlled temperature, humidity and gas conditions, simulating storage in an album with plastic sleeves. Canon cannot guarantee the longevity of prints; results may vary depending on printed image, drying time, display/storage conditions, and environmental factors.
10. "Full HD Movie Print" is available from "MOV" and "MP4" movie files created by select Canon EOS, PowerShot and Vixia digital cameras and camcorders. Requires a PC, or Mac with Intel® processor and Canon ZoomBrowser EX 6.5 or later or Canon ImageBrowser 6.5 or later for "MOV" files, or Canon ImageBrowser EX 1.0 or later for "MOV" or "MP4" files.
11. Easy-WebPrint EX requires Internet Explorer 7 or 8 for Windows, Internet Explorer 9 for Windows Vista SP2 (or later) or Windows 7, or Safari 4.0 - 5.0 for Mac OS X v10.5.8 - 10.6.x.
12. For network users, Auto Scan Mode is only available when scanning at a computer using MP Navigator EX software and selecting the 1-click feature then "save to PC".
13. Warranty programs are subject to certain conditions and restrictions.
Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Actual prices are determined by individual dealers and may vary.