Bring excellent quality, speed, and ease of use to your home office all in the name of increased productivity. This begins with built-in Wi-Fi®1for printing and scanning virtually anywhere in your home from computers and compatible mobile devices. This also includes AirPrint2, which lets you wirelessly print photos, emails, web pages, documents and more from compatible iPad, iPhone or iPod touch devices to a compatible Canon PIXMA Wireless All-In-One. An integrated 30-sheet Auto Document Feeder, built-in Auto Duplex Printing, a Dual Function Panel, and FastFront are just some of the features that can allow you to easily multi-task while your PIXMA MX512 is at work. This can bring office efficiency to all-new levels and reduce cost at the same time.
4800 x 1200 maximum colour resolution3and the FINE Cartridge System means superb business document printing and efficiency while built-in imaging technology ensures the integrity of originals are preserved with each copy and scan. Maintain security standards by utilizing features to prevent misdialed fax transmissions and keep scanned files password protected.
The MX512 also allows you to turn your office into a photo lab and print beautiful, borderless4photo lab quality photos up to 8.5" x 11" in size. Your photo printing options also include Full HD video5while you can enjoy computer-less printing through compatible direct print options.
The MX512 delivers the business imaging quality and versatile solutions that can assist you in bringing your business to the next level. So, you can print business documents when you need to and photos when you want to.
Speed & Quality
Ease of Use
Speed & Quality
Fantastic Resolution: 4800 x 1200 maximum colour dpi3 produces incredible quality and detail in both your business documents and photos.
High Performance Ink Cartridges: These two genuine Canon ink cartridges contain specially formulated inks for great document and photo quality. One is a Pigment Black cartridge for crisp, professional text and one is a multi-colour cartridge for pictures. Both are easy to use and replace.
Beautiful, Borderless Photos Fast: Print a borderless, 4" x 6" photo in approximately 46 seconds.6
ChromaLife100: This system combines enhanced FINE print head technology with select genuine Canon photo papers and inks for beautiful borderless photos that will last up to 100 years when stored in an archival-quality photo album.7
Ease of Use
Dual Function Panel: This streamlined control panel provides useful function buttons that transform into a keypad in fax mode for easier operation.
Fully-Integrated, 30-sheet Auto Document Feeder: Easily copy, scan, and fax multiple documents without having to load them one page at a time. Enjoy full integration so the printer can better fit in tight workspaces.
Built-In Auto Duplex Printing: Automatically print on both sides of the page without the hassle of turning it over manually. This can reduce your paper consumption and cost by up to 50%.
FastFront: This innovative design feature allows for even easier replacement of your Genuine Canon Ink and papers right from the front of the machine.
Full HD Movie Print: Full HD Movie Print software turns your favorite HD movie clips captured with compatible Canon EOS Digital SLR or PowerShot cameras into beautiful prints.5
2.5" LCD: Easily view, select and edit your images for simple computer-free printing. No downloading needed, just choose your picture and print!
Auto Scan Mode: With one press of the Scan button your original is automatically recognized and saved in the correct format.8
Auto Document Fix: This built-in software automatically analyzes and corrects both text and image documents so text will remain clear and easy to read with pronounced edges, and pictures will keep their true colour with highlights, shadows, and dots being smoothed out.
Dual Colour Gamut Technology: Copy with confidence as this built-in technology automatically optimizes your originals so copies stay true to it time after time, copy after copy.
Quick Start: After pressing the power button you can begin inputting commands in mere seconds so full operation is possible in a much shorter time.
Auto Photo Fix II: This built-in technology automatically categorizes your images into one of five types - Portrait, Scenery, Night Scenery, Snapshot with Scenery, and Snapshot with Night Scenery - then applies optimal image and multi-zone exposure correction. So, unexposed areas of the photo will be optimized, area by area and faces that are backlit and under-exposed will automatically be brightened with correct colour cast to help ensure more accurate skin tones for gorgeous images.
Built-In Wireless: Print and scan wirelessly1 from any Wi-Fi® enabled computer around the house.
AirPrint: Wirelessly print photos, emails, web pages, documents and more from compatible iPad, Phone or iPod touch devices to a compatible Canon PIXMA Wireless All-In-One. There's no software to download, no drivers to install, and no cables to connect. Just see it, tap it, and print it!2
Built-in Ethernet: This wired LAN interface lets you connect to a home or office network, with connected computers able to share printer functions and display the printer's status at any moment.
Super G3 Fax: The high speed business fax9 standard for colour and PC facsimiles on plain paper meets the home office workhorse with 20 coded speed dials and up to 50 incoming pages.10
Mobile Printing: The free EasyPhoto-Print app lets you wirelessly print and scan jpg and pdf files from compatible iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and Android devices.11
Memory Cards / USB / PictBridge & Optional Bluetooth: Print directly from compatible memory cards12, USB Flash Drives13, digital camera, DV camcorder or camera phones via PictBridge13, or the optional BU-30 wireless Bluetooth14 unit - without a computer.
USB 2.0 Hi-Speed: Plug the cable into your PC for a super-fast connection for your data transfers
Main Unit Spec
Print Speed (up to)
4" x 6" Borderless Photo: Approx. 46 seconds6
Print Speed (Approx)
Black: ESAT: 9.7 ipm17
Color: ESAT: 5.5 ipm17
Number of Nozzles
Picoliter Size (color)
2 and 5
Print Resolution (Up to)
Color: Up to 4800 x 1200 dpi3
Black: Up to 600 x 600 dpi
4" x 6", 5" x 7", 8" x 10", Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 Envelopes
Automatic Sheet Feeder
Plain:Plain Paper, Canon High Resolution Paper; Super High Gloss:Photo Paper Pro Platinum; Glossy:Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy; Semi-Gloss:Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss; Matte:Canon Matte Photo Paper; Envelope:U.S. #10 Envelope
Auto Document Feeder, Auto Photo Fix II, Auto Sheet Feeder, Borderless Printing4, Document Printing, Full HD Movie Print5, Photo Printing, Template Print, Auto Duplex Printing
1. Wireless printing requires a working Ethernet network with wireless 802.11b/g or n capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
2. Printer firmware update may be necessary for AirPrint function. Certain exception may apply. AirPrint functionality requires an iPad, iPhone 3GS or later, or iPod touch 3rd generation or later device running iOS 4.2 or later, and an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, Airport Base Station, or Time Capsule is not supported.
3. Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Color ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/4800 inch at minimum.
4. Supported paper types for borderless printing are as follows: Photo Paper Pro Platinum, Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss, Photo Paper Glossy and Matte Photo Paper.
5. Full HD Movie Print allows printing from HD or Full HD "MOV" movie files created by Canon EOS Digital SLR or PowerShot digital cameras. From PC, or Mac with Intel® processor. Print quality is determined by video resolution. Function does not upscale video resolution. Requires Canon ZoomBrowser EX 6.5 or later, or Canon ImageBrowser 6.5 or later.
6. Photo print speeds are based on the standard mode driver setting using photo test pattern(s) and select Canon Photo Paper. Print speed is measured as soon as first page begins to feed into printer and will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used and page coverage.
7. Based on accelerated testing by Canon in dark storage under controlled temperature, humidity and gas conditions, simulating storage in an album with plastic sleeves. Canon cannot guarantee the longevity of prints; results may vary depending on printed image, drying time, display/storage conditions, and environmental factors.
8. For network users, Auto Scan Mode is only available when scanning at a computer using MP Navigator EX software and selecting the 1-click feature then "Save to PC".
9. The Public Switched Telephone Network currently supports fax modem speeds of 28.8 Kbps or lower, depending on telephone line conditions. Sending and receiving fax machines need to conform to ITU-T v.34 guidelines.
10. Page count is based on ITU-T No.1 chart or Canon FAX Standard Chart No.1.
11. Requires Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for iPhone app, available for free on the App Store, or Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for Android app available for free in the Android Market. Compatible with iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, iPad, iPod touch and Android devices running Android OS 1.6 or later.
12. Compatible memory cards include SD Memory Card, SDHC, MultiMediaCard® (v4.1), MultiMediaCard® Plus (v4.1), Memory Stick®, Memory Stick PRO, Memory Stick Duo and Memory Stick PRO Duo. The following can be used with the addition of a special adapter sold separately: miniSD Card, miniSDHC, microSD Card, microSDHC, RS-MMC (v4.1), Memory Stick Micro.
13. Requires mobile phone equipped with PictBridge technology and a USB cable.
14. Requires mobile phone (or other device) equipped with Bluetooth v2.0 technology and optional Canon Bluetooth Unit BU-30. Bluetooth operation depends on the device and software version used. Operating distance is approx. 10 meters but may vary due to obstacles, radio signals, locations where radio interference occurs, magnetic fields from microwave ovens, device sensitivity and/or antenna performance.
15. Specifications are subject to change without notice. All output images are simulated.
16. Black & white document fax transmission speed is based on default setting using ITU-T No.1 chart. Color document fax transmission speed is based on default setting using Canon Color Fax Test Sheet. Actual transmission speed vary depending on document complexity, fax setting at receiving end, and line conditions etc.
17. ISO/IEC 24734, 24735 define the default print and copy speed measurement methods. Print speeds are the averages of ESAT in Office Category Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24734, excluding time to print the first set. Copy speed is the average of FCOT, ISO/IEC 24735 Annex D. ADF copy speed is the average of ESAT in General Performance Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24735, excluding time to copy the first set.
18. System requirements vary by application.
19. Easy-WebPrint EX requires Internet Explorer 7 or 8 for Windows, Internet Explorer 9 for Windows Vista SP2 (or later) or Windows 7, or Safari 4.0 - 5.0 for Mac OS X v.10.5 - 10.6.x
20. Warranty programs are subject to certain conditions and restrictions.
21. To access CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM from a qualifying Canon printer, all of the software that came with the printer and the full set of compatible genuine Canon ink tanks must be properly installed.
Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Actual prices are determined by individual dealers and may vary.