CANON CANADA INTRODUCES ONE OF THE SMALLEST AND LIGHTEST 4K RESOLUTION (4096 x 2400) LASER PROJECTORS
REALiS 4K600STZ Pro AV LCOS Projector Combines Canon?s Outstanding Image Quality and Advanced Features with Low Total Cost of Ownership
BRAMPTON, ON., November 22, 2016 – Canon Canada Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today unveiled the latest of its innovative technology with the debut of the REALiS 4K600STZ Pro AV Laser LCOS Projector. At only 57.3 pounds, the REALiS 4K600STZ is among the world’s smallest and lightest native 4K laser projectors, making it ideal for a wide range of markets and applications including simulation, museums, art galleries, planetariums, higher education, medical education and training.
The REALiS 4K600STZ projector reproduces exceptionally detailed images with outstanding colour accuracy thanks to a combination of core technologies and features including:
· Native 4K Resolution of 4096 x 2400 which is larger than both QFHD and DCI-resolution, the 4K standards for TV and digital cinema respectively. The expanded vertical resolution (2400) is particularly important for those applications, like simulation and training and design/engineering, which may require larger vertical display areas.
· Laser Phosphor Light Source which offers an extended operation time up to 20,000 hours or more1, quick start-up2, omnidirectional projector placement, and a wide range of colours – all helping to greatly enhance the user experience, installation process and reduce the total cost of ownership (TCO).
· 6000 lumens with up to 10,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio3 helps ensure content appears bright with deep black and brilliant white levels, as well as excellent gradation.
· Canon’s renowned LCOS Technology with AISYS-enhancement and advanced Colour Management System for producing content with exceptional detail and colour accuracy – ideal for those industries/applications like museums and galleries with the highest image quality requirements.
· Genuine Canon 4K Lens for consistent clarity and colour throughout entire projected area; the lens also includes a special Marginal Focus function which can be used to help ensure content projected on the peripheral portions of domed surfaces remains in focus – a benefit especially important to those in the simulation, training and educational fields. The 4K600STZ projector is also able to deliver a virtually consistent level of brightness throughout its zoom range, thus helping to provide even greater placement flexibility.
· Powerful Dual Image Processing Engines for uncompressed 4K 60p playback, and optimal upscaling of 2K video and other non-native 4K resolution content.
High Dynamic Range (HDR)
The REALiS 4K600STZ is one of Canon’s only HDR compatible projectors which helps provide the critical ability to replicate content with exceptionally high contrast, making possible gradation expression close to that of human vision. Additionally, the projector supports the input of video content simulating the 4K/8K broadcast-standard ITU-R BT.2020 colour gamut.
DICOM® Simulation Mode4
The Canon REALiS 4K600STZ Projector’s DICOM® Simulation Mode4 can be ideal for those in the medical education and training field who require displaying monochrome digital X-rays, CAT scans, and MRIs with superb grayscale gradation. This mode, which offers both clear and blue base colour temperature presets, simulates the results of devices compliant with the Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine (DICOM) Part 14 standard4.
Versatile Connectivity and Network Management
The Canon REALiS 4K600STZ offers many industry-standard interfaces to enhance usability including two HDMI (version 2.0a), and four DVI inputs supporting single, stripe and cross configurations for 4K, 2K or HD video playback. Network management, including compatibility with PJLink™, Crestron Room View and AMX Device Discovery, also helps provide outstanding flexibility for monitoring and control.
Price and Availability
The Canon REALiS 4K600STZ Pro AV LCOS Projector has a suggested list price of $99,999.99, is scheduled to be available through authorized Canon dealers by April 2017, and is backed by the Company's award-winning Professional Service & Support.
For more information please visit canon.ca
About Canon Canada Inc.
Headquartered in Brampton, Ontario, Canon Canada Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Canon USA, is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business and medical digital imaging solutions. Innovation and cutting-edge technology have been essential ingredients in Canon's success. Canon Canada Inc. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 per cent Canadian-based service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon Canada Inc. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility.
Availability, prices and specifications are subject to change without notice. Actual prices are set by individual dealers and may vary.
1 Approximate time until brightness has declined to half the original level. Actual hours may vary depending on usage and environment. This is not a guarantee of the life span of individual laser diodes.
2 When “Fast Boot” function is enabled. Startup time will change when startup from AC off.
3 Native contrast of REALiS 4K600STZ Projector is 4,000:1 (Iris set to Close 3).
4 The REALiS 4K600STZ is not cleared or approved for medical diagnosis and should not be used for these purposes.