Canon Announces Revolutionary New Technology That Will Transform Wide Format Roll-to-Roll Printing
BRAMPTON, ON., October 18, 2016 - Canon Canada Inc. announces its new UVgel printing technology. This unique technology will soon be featured in a new line of roll-to-roll printers that will offer large format print providers an unprecedented combination of productivity, image quality, application range, automation and low cost of operation.
Key elements and benefits of the UVgel technology:
· A radically new UV curable ink from Canon that instantly gels on contact with the media, resulting in precise dot placement and area control for consistent high-quality images at high speed
· The large colour gamut of solvent inks combined with the environmental benefits and safety profile of latex and UV inks
· Ultra-thin ink dispersion with almost no discernible physical profile and the lowest ink consumption rate can provide up to a 40 percent reduction in printing costs compared to eco-solvent and latex
These features all result in cost-effective, non-toxic, durable, colour fast, high-quality prints for almost any flexible media application.
This amazing new UVgel technology incorporates several new hardware technology developments from Canon:
· Advanced, "next generation" piezoelectric printhead technology employing patented acoustic sampling technology that monitors nozzle performance on-the-fly during printing
· A unique LED UV curing sub-system that operates completely independently from the printing system ensuring identical jetting to curing timing for every droplet for unprecedented uniformity across the printed image
· An LED-based UV system that cures without adding any heat to the media whatsoever, making it easy to print on the thinnest, most heat-sensitive flexible media
· Continuous, on-the-fly, nozzle performance compensation facilitates confident unattended printing and reduced print waste
Canon's new UVgel printing technology will be at the core of a family of new roll-to-roll printing products, the first of which will be a high productivity 64 inch roll-to-roll printer to be released in the Spring of 2017. The significant investment in this new technology demonstrates Canon's continued commitment to be a leader in digital graphics markets. Canon has already proven itself to be a leader in the UV flatbed market with its highly awarded, market leading Océ Arizona series of flatbed printers.
About Canon Canada Inc.
Headquartered in Brampton, Ontario, Canon Canada Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Canon USA, is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business and medical digital imaging solutions. Innovation and cutting-edge technology have been essential ingredients in Canon's success. Canon Canada Inc. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 per cent Canadian-based service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon Canada Inc. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility.