SHARE MEMORIES ON THE GO WITH NEW COMPACT, CONNECTED POWERSHOT SX620 HS DIGITAL CAMERA
Latest Canon PowerShot Digital Camera Provides Impressive Image Quality and Zoom Range in a Compact Size
MISSISSAUGA, ON., May 11, 2016 – Canon Canada Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, introduced today the new Canon PowerShot SX620 HS digital camera - ideal for individuals looking for a convenient, easy-to-carry compact digital camera capable of producing high-quality photos and videos. This new camera boasts a 20.2 Megapixel* CMOS imaging sensor and a powerful 25X Optical Zoom lens (25-625mm equivalent) in a form factor that will easily fit in a pocket or purse, making it an ideal camera for those passionate about photography to capture gorgeous imagery no matter where they are.
The camera’s built-in wireless capabilities make it convenient to share images and videos on the go, and its powerful 25X optical zoom lens makes it ideal for those wanting to zoom in and out of the action. The Canon PowerShot SX620 HS digital camera is a great companion for those looking to visually document their daily adventures and easily share their experiences as they explore new places and do new things.
As the successor to Canon’s PowerShot SX610 HS digital compact camera, the Canon PowerShot SX620 HS digital camera also features:
· An Intelligent Image Stabilizer (IS) that helps optimize image stabilization for virtually shake-free images in a variety of shooting conditions
· Built-in Wi-Fi®** and Near Field Communication (NFC™)*** to allow for easy sharing and transferring of images and videos to a personal computer or other compatible devices such as the Canon Connect Station CS 100
· 20.2 megapixel* CMOS sensor with DIGIC 4+ Image Processor to help deliver stunning image quality, even in low light
· The ability to capture spectacular 1080p Full HD video
· Large 3.0-inch (approximately 922,000 dots) LCD to allow for easy viewing, even from a wide angle
· Hybrid Auto mode that allows for recording up to four seconds of video before each image that is captured, then automatically combines each clip and still into a quick video recap of the day
· Smart AUTO mode which intelligently selects the proper settings for the camera based on pre-defined shooting situations to help create the best possible image
· Creative Shot mode that uses composition, colour and lighting from an original image to create unique images with an artistic flair
· An Auto Zoom feature that, when enabled, makes the camera automatically zoom in on subjects and help keep them in focus
Canon’s PowerShot SX620 HS digital camera, available in black, red and silver, is scheduled to be available in June 2016 for an estimated retail price of $369.991.
About Canon Canada Inc.
Headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario, Canon Canada Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Canon USA, is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business and medical digital imaging solutions. Innovation and cutting-edge technology have been essential ingredients in Canon's success. Canon Canada Inc. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 per cent Canadian-based service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon Canada Inc. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility.
# # #
1Availability, pricing and specifications are subject to change without notice. Actual prices are set by individual dealers and may vary.
* Image processing may cause a decrease in the number of pixels.
** Compatible with iOS® versions 7.1/8.4/9.0, Android™ smartphone and tablet versions 4.0/4.1/4.2/4.3/4.4/5.0/5.1. Data charges may apply with the download of the free Canon Camera Connect app. This app helps enable you to upload images to social media services. Please note that image files may contain personally identifiable information that may implicate privacy laws. Canon disclaims and has no responsibility for your use of such images. Canon does not obtain, collect or use such images or any information included in such images through this app.
*** Compatible with Android smartphone and tablet versions 4.0/4.1/4.2/4.3/4.4/5.0/5.1.